See our annual report here: CG_annual_rpt_2013-14_sm
- We connect community experts with public school students and remove barriers so youth can learn new skills.
- We empower the next generation to overcome challenges while learning 21st century skills.
- We create community through a unique guild structure and deep mentor relationships.
- We provide accountability by setting very high expectations in authentic work based environments.
STE(A)M Truck is Community Guilds’ core program, delivered in partnership with elementary and middle schools and after-school programs serving high-need student populations. The experience is anchored in three strategic “levers”:
- Providing students with hands-on opportunities to make and learn through individual and team- based experiences, building non-cognitive skills and igniting excitement about learning
- Connecting students to community members with maker-related careers, giving them exposure to mentors and careers different from those they typically access on a daily basis (e.g., artists, industrial designers) and expanding their worldview about future possibilities
- Equipping educators with the ability to shape instruction through experiential learning, enabling them to deepen and reinforce the learnings from the STE(A)M Truck experience and take them to more students, beyond those directly served by the program